Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Four Number Ones

As I mentioned earlier, the men's college basketball tourney is my favorite sporting event of the year. I hesitate to post this, as I'm sure it simply guarantees I won't win my office pool... But, I've never held the top spot heading into the final four! That's right, my bracket is currently in a 2-way tie for first out of around 70 entries in our office contest.

Although I knew it had never happened before, I went ahead and selected each of the #1 seeds to advance to the final four. My thinking was that three of them would probably make it, but I couldn't decide which one to leave out. So, I decided to play the percentages and just go with all four. This almost makes up for the fact that I'll have to listen to Billy P. call three more games.

Also happy to see IU make a solid choice in landing Crean. The post-Knight basketball era at IU has had too many similarities to the post-Holtz football era at ND for my liking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do your standings look heading into the final game? I have Kansas winning the whole thing, but I'm officially out of the running by 3 points in our pool because I picked Texas to upset Memphis...Not sure what I was thinking on that one. Should have gone the safe route like you did.

Recent Posts