Having grown up in Indiana back when it had a no-class system for the high school basketball tournament, I've always been a hoops fan. Although I don't follow things as closely these days, March Madness remains my favorite sporting event.
Even better, this year all 63 games are available online for free! The past few years, many games have been available over the internet, but ones broadcast on local television in your market area were blocked out. It's great having the power to switch to the game you want to see, being able to flip away from a game with that announcer you just can't stand (cough - Billy Packer - cough - just retire already - cough), or watching a more exciting matchup that would never be played in your market.
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up, schedule vacation, and settle in for 48 hours of basketball this coming weekend! ;)
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Hoops Overload Ahead
Posted by Abacus Topics: sports
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't believe it's Wednesday already...I need to fill out my bracket! We were watching Selection Sunday, and they kept getting Billy Packer's "expert opinion", and I kept complaining to Jeff about how I can't stand the guy. I remember you & I making fun of him and Jim Nance when we were kids. Hard to believe they're still around. :-)
And who can forget Dick Vitale from my college days?? He was so annoying that we used to watch IU games on muted TV while listening to the radio commentators instead.
Muting Dicky V is wrong. No one loves anything more than Dicky V loves college basketball. It's a passion which needs to be celebrated...with a capital A, baby.
Dicky V. has always been a tough one for me... I appreciate his passion for the game, but am not a big fan of his broadcast style.
Post a Comment