Monday, April 7, 2008

Chuck will be missed

It is too long (and strange) of a story for a blog post, so here's the short version. My zany cousins and my siblings started watching Charlton Heston films every Labor Day weekend. It started as coincidence, and then spiraled into all-out goofiness. Chuckfest became a fun tradition, and we are sad to have lost our inspiration. Maybe this year will have to be a "In Memoriam" festival. We can make that trip to the Hesston Bar we always talked about!

All the Chuckfest founders were passing emails back and forth today about Chuck. Here are some of our thoughts:

-It is a sad day as I know we'll all remember him fondly, how could we not after so much Hest Fest, Chuck Noir, and Chuck Wagon festivities. Who'll ever forget the newspaper costume competition, Marabunta 3 for 6 and the neighborhood parade and we all know whose tail shaking won the prize. :-)

-You guys don't know how many texts, emails, and messages I have from non-family members with condolences. I have a Ten Commandments viewing scheduled in his memorium (I never got around to watching it this Easter because there was too much basketball on). Heady, do you think Tom would mind if we lit a candle for Chuck at your wedding? I think that will be the next time we are all together. Kidding of course.

- I was hoping that we could get together at either Friday or Saturday night. You know, raise a glass in Chuck's honor?!

No comments:

Recent Posts