Monday, January 7, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

This Saturday, Brian and I had the post-Christmas blues -- cooped up in the house because it's so cold, no happy family get-togethers, etc. I suggested we go down to the riverwalk downtown Elkhart and check out the new skating area (Nibco Park). We wandered around the riverwalk a lot this summer while it was under construction and it looked like it would be pretty cool.

Here I am saying "hey, Kate look at the camera."

Brrr.... This was after we had walked around for a while so she was pretty cold at this point.


No, we did not go skating. I am a terrible ice skater, and I am sure I wouldn't be any better with a baby strapped to me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, she looks so cute! I like the sweater. ;) Glad you can use it!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh....I'm so jealous of all of the snow and the cool parks up there. Jason and I have discovered a couple of cool parks here, but there are none in our little town. :(

Unknown said...

Amelia is so excited to see, "baby, baby, baby."

Is the rink an oval shape? I taught Aidan to skate last winter outdoors in Port Huron. He loves it, but not when there are a lot of people around.

Abacus said...

I guess I wouldn't necessarily call it a rink... It's primarily a wide path/loop that runs around the perimeter. According to the city's website:

"It was designed as a seasonal venue offering ice skating in the winter months and in-line skating during the summer months. The ice skate path includes a circular rink area. This kind of design is seen in Canada, but hasn't been introduced in America, until now."

Recent Posts