Since Kate was born, I have been surprised that I have still had the time to do some reading (especially at first when she had all those middle of the night feedings). Brian and I both love to read and we visit the library on a regular basis.
So right now I'm re-reading the Little House on the Prairie books. These were books I loved as a kid, and my mom recently passed them on to me --they were a gift from a family friend when I was born. If you've watched the TV series and never read the books, they are NOT the same.
Definitely not hard reading (gotta love the illustrations!), but I am enjoying them. Forget Laura -- now that I am a mom and the person who does most of the cleaning, cooking, etc., Caroline Ingalls is the heroine of these books. In just the first book she made cheese, butter, headcheese (okay, yuk), sausage, straw hats, and the list goes on and on.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Current reads
Posted by Anonymous Topics: books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment