Saturday, June 28, 2008

And the worst mother award goes to....

WARNING....May cause Kate's grandparents to freak :)

This past Wednesday, I picked Kate up from my mom's after work. On the way home, Kate had (for the first time ever) pulled out one of her hairclips. People often ask me "doesn't she pull those out?" so I noticed that it was gone and hoped this wasn't the beginning of a new stage! I looked around for it a little, but this particular hair clip is clear. So I decided I would look for it later, since we were both hungry and tired, and the car is a little messy.

Anyway, Kate fed herself dinner. She's really good at feeding herself now:) And then, after she ate a two pretty decent sized bowlfuls of food, I got her out of her highchair. And noticed she had something in her mouth. It was...a clear hairclip. A really small one, that she could have choked on. Once I calmed down it was sort of funny. I can't imagine eating dinner with a hairclip in my mouth, and her mouth is obviously a lot smaller than mine! Obviously, I will have to watch her a little more carefully.

2 comments:

Jessika said...

awww.... that's not so bad. I'm sure kids eat a lot of things we never notice ;) or at least don't notice till we change their diapers ;) haha.

Lisa said...

Yeah, that's not really so bad at all. There's far worse that will go in the mouth.

Happy First Birthday Kate! Hard to believe it's already been a year!

Recent Posts