Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Service that's too quick?

Had a weird experience while shopping online recently...

Angela clicked to submit on an order at the website of a major retailer, but it didn't go through. Before she even had time to figure out if it was a website glitch or something else, the phone rang. It was an Amex representative asking if we had just tried to make a purchase!

They were calling to making sure it was an authorized use of our card, that we had our cards in our possession, etc. Said to go ahead and resubmit the order and it should be fine. Ta-da. Worked like a charm.

I appreciate them protecting our account, but it was mighty strange to have the phone ring within a few seconds of clicking the order button!

1 comment:

Sarah Forgrave said...

Wow, that is fast! I had someone get a hold of my Amex number a month ago and was making $5,000 purchases on it. I didn't use the card anymore, so I just cancelled it. Their customer service was great to work with!

Recent Posts