My Grand Uncle Carl passed away this weekend. I'll never forget those family reunions at the dairy farm when I was a kid.
Classic Indiana barn-ball, horseshoes, euchre, great food, and lots of orneriness and teasing. One of my favorite little memories is when Uncle Carl had me punch his stout farmer's belly as hard as I could. He just laughed while my hand bounced off like it was nothing!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Uncle Carl
Posted by Abacus Topics: family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah yes - Uncle "Ornery" - That's a funny memory you shared. I remember how miserable it was to be his partner in euchre because he played a loner hand every time, but he still managed to keep us laughing the entire game. :-)
Yes, he was certainly ornery - that's putting it midly! But a softie at heart. I can literally taste that homemade icecream in my mouth that we'd have at the summer reunions. So delicious!
Post a Comment